Our workshop is hosted by the Alila Manggis Hotel. Manggis is a quiet coastal town in East Bali rich with opportunities to be among some of the most authentic culture. For more information on where we will be staying, please visit Alila Manggis.
We schedule one or two photo shoots every day, with informal yet insightful guidance. We allow for some free time for personal exploration or relaxation. When our schedule allows, we hold evening or early morning meetings to review images, and give individual direction. This is where an efficient digital workflow allows for a rapid and thorough evaluation of one's progress.
• Seven nights at Alila Manggis Hotel, one evening workshop orientation, six full days of photography, one mid-week free day (to catch up with your editing), and personal review sessions during evenings and rest times.
• Comfortably-paced 3 days/4 nights workshop at the start of the week, followed by a more intensive 3-day workshop (longer shooting days, covering more locations). Choice of joining either half of the week, if your schedule does not allow attending the entire workshop.
• Touring around East and Central Bali will give you a true experience of the culture and landscape of the island (we avoid the artificial "tourist paradise" of the South)
• Extraordinary photographic opportunities: environmental portraiture, architecture, landscape, and unique Balinese culture!
• Visits include: a unique village preserving the ancient culture predating modern Hindu Bali; Bali's legendary Mother Temple Besakih and the Lake Bratan Water Temple; a night‐time climb of the Mount Batur volcano, to photograph the sunrise from its peak and eat our breakfast cooked by the heat of the volcano; photographing farmers on terraced rice fields and fishermen bringing in their daily catch at sunrise; children practicing the elaborate traditional Balinese dances; and attending joyous religious ceremonies.
• Beata and our local Balinese guide (and George, too…) will answer all questions and provide informal descriptions, for understanding and appreciating the culture, history, and art of Bali.
• Group size limited to 10, to allow for individual attention.
Choose between an intensive 4 nights/3‐days Photography Workshop based in East Bali at Alila Manggis and an extended 8 nights/6‐days Workshop that adds additional destinations, including Ubud and the central mountains.
3 day / 4 night workshop - from USD 1,750 per person
• Accommodation in a Superior Room on Twin Sharing basis inclusive of breakfast and Alila Hospitalities
• Airport Assistance upon arrival (Fast Track Service) & Return Airport Transfers
• 11% Government Tax and 10% Service charge
• One welcome Dinner and one farewell Dinner at Alila Manggis
• Hood Loupe - professional magnifier for camera LCD display
• Workshop charges which include related transport, tuition and instruction, fees and donations at places of interest
6 day / 7 night workshop - from USD 2,975 per person
• All inclusions on 3 day/4 night Workshop
• 3 additional days of Workshop and a mid-week day of rest and image review
Single supplement & rates for non‐photographing companions sharing accommodation are available on request, as are group rates and options to stay in different category rooms.
As enrollment is limited, we encourage you to apply early! Contact us!
We also suggest that you purchase travel insurance, to protect yourself from unforeseen circumstances that might prevent your attendance.